Definition of 'practice'
- a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
- systematic training by multiple repetitions; "practice makes perfect"
Synonyms: exercise drill practice session recitation
- translating an idea into action; "a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
- the exercise of a profession; "the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
- knowledge of how something is usually done; "it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
- learn by repetition; "We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
Synonyms: drill exercise practise
- avail oneself to; "apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
Synonyms: apply use
- carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions; "practice law"
Synonyms: practise exercise do
- engage in a rehearsal (of)
Synonyms: rehearse practise