Definition of 'proceed'
- continue talking; "I know it's hard," he continued, "but there is no choice"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
Synonyms: continue go on carry on
- move ahead; travel onward in time or space; "We proceeded towards Washington"; "She continued in the direction of the hills"; "We are moving ahead in time now"
Synonyms: go forward continue
- follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
Synonyms: go move
- follow a certain course; "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?"
- continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
Synonyms: continue go on go along keep