Definition of 'propose'
- make a proposal, declare a plan for something
Synonyms: suggest advise
- present for consideration
- propose or intend; "I aim to arrive at noon"
Synonyms: aim purpose purport
- put forward; nominate for appointment to an office; "The President nominated her as head of the Civil Rights Commission"
- ask (someone) to marry you; "he popped the question on Sunday night"; "she proposed marriage to the man she had known for only two months"; "The old bachelor finally declared himself to the young woman"
Synonyms: declare oneself offer pop the question