Definition of 'purge'
You searched for purged
- the act of clearing yourself (or another) from some stigma or charge
Synonyms: purging purgation
- an act of removing by cleansing; ridding of sediment or other undesired elements
- oust politically; "Deng Xiao Ping was purged several times throughout his lifetime"
- clear of a charge
- make pure or free from sin or guilt; "he left the monastery purified"
Synonyms: purify sanctify
- rid of impurities; "purge the water"; "purge your mind"
- rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid; "flush the wound with antibiotics"; "purge the old gas tank"
Synonyms: flush scour
- eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Synonyms: vomit vomit up cast sick cat be sick disgorge regorge retch puke barf spew spue chuck upchuck honk regurgitate throw up
Antonyms: keep down
- excrete or evacuate (someone's bowels or body); "The doctor decided that the patient must be purged"