Definition of 'purpose'
You searched for purposed
- an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions; "his intent was to provide a new translation"; "good intentions are not enough"; "it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"; "he made no secret of his designs"
Synonyms: intent intention aim design
- what something is used for; "the function of an auger is to bore holes"; "ballet is beautiful but what use is it?"
Synonyms: function role use
- the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; "his determination showed in his every movement"; "he is a man of purpose"
- propose or intend; "I aim to arrive at noon"
Synonyms: aim purport propose
- reach a decision; "he resolved never to drink again"