Definition of 'purse'
- a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
Synonyms: bag handbag pocketbook
- a sum of money spoken of as the contents of a money purse; "he made the contribution out of his own purse"; "he and his wife shared a common purse"
- a small bag for carrying money
- a sum of money offered as a prize; "the purse barely covered the winner's expenses"
- contract one's lips into a rounded shape
- gather or contract into wrinkles or folds; pucker; "purse ones's lips"