Definition of 'region'
- the extended spatial location of something; "the farming regions of France"; "religions in all parts of the world"; "regions of outer space"
- a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region"
- a large indefinite location on the surface of the Earth; "penguins inhabit the polar regions"
- the approximate amount of something (usually used prepositionally as in `in the region of'); "it was going to take in the region of two or three months to finish the job"; "the price is in the neighborhood of $100"
- a knowledge domain that you are interested in or are communicating about; "it was a limited domain of discourse"; "here we enter the region of opinion"; "the realm of the occult"
Synonyms: domain realm