Definition of 'routine'
- an unvarying or habitual method or procedure
Synonyms: modus operandi
- a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program; "he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
Synonyms: act number turn bit
- a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
Synonyms: subroutine subprogram procedure function
- occurring at fixed times or predictable intervals; "made her routine trip to the store"
- found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant
Synonyms: everyday mundane quotidian unremarkable workaday