Definition of 'saltation'
- (geology) the leaping movement of sand or soil particles as they are transported in a fluid medium over an uneven surface
- a mutation that drastically changes the phenotype of an organism or species
- an abrupt transition; "a successful leap from college to the major leagues"
Synonyms: leap jump
- taking a series of rhythmical steps (and movements) in time to music
Synonyms: dancing dance terpsichore
- a light, self-propelled movement upwards or forwards
Synonyms: leap leaping spring bound bounce