Definition of 'shape'
- any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes"
Synonyms: form configuration contour conformation
- the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
- alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
Synonyms: human body physical body material body soma build figure physique anatomy bod chassis frame form flesh
- a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
- the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
Synonyms: form cast
- the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
Synonyms: Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe
- a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
Synonyms: form pattern
- shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
Synonyms: determine mold influence regulate
- make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
Synonyms: form work mold mould forge
- give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young child's character"