Definition of 'share'
You searched for shares
- any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
Synonyms: portion part percentage
- the allotment of some amount by dividing something; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
Synonyms: parcel portion
- any one of a number of individual efforts in a common endeavor; "I am proud of my contribution to the team's success"; "they all did their share of the work"
Synonyms: contribution part
- a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
Synonyms: plowshare ploughshare
- have in common; "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
- use jointly or in common
- have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
Synonyms: partake partake in
- give out as one's portion or share
Synonyms: divvy up portion out apportion deal
- communicate; "I'd like to share this idea with you"