Definition of 'sharpen'
You searched for sharpening
- make sharp or sharper; "sharpen the knives"
Antonyms: dull blunt
- make sharp or sharper; "We had to sharpen our arguments"
- become sharp or sharper; "The debate sharpened"
- put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
Synonyms: focus focalize focalise
Antonyms: blur blear
- make (images or sounds) sharp or sharper
- raise the pitch of (musical notes)
Antonyms: flatten drop
- give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
Synonyms: taper point
- make (one's senses) more acute; "This drug will sharpen your vision"