Definition of 'sharp'
You searched for sharpest
- a musical notation indicating one half step higher than the note named
- a long thin sewing needle with a sharp point
- (of something seen or heard) clearly defined; "a sharp photographic image"; "the sharp crack of a twig"; "the crisp snap of dry leaves underfoot"
- ending in a sharp point
Synonyms: acuate acute needlelike
- having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations"
Synonyms: acute discriminating incisive keen knifelike penetrating penetrative piercing
- marked by practical hardheaded intelligence; "a smart businessman"; "an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"; "he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow"
Synonyms: astute shrewd
- harsh; "sharp criticism"; "a sharp-worded exchange"; "a tart remark"
Synonyms: sharp-worded tart
- having or emitting a high-pitched and sharp tone or tones ; "piercing screams"; "a shrill whistle"; " a shrill gaiety"
Synonyms: piercing shrill
- extremely steep; "an abrupt canyon"; "the precipitous rapids of the upper river"; "the precipitous hills of Chinese paintings"; "a sharp drop"
Synonyms: abrupt precipitous
- keenly and painfully felt; as if caused by a sharp edge or point; "a sharp pain"; "sharp winds"
- having or made by a thin edge or sharp point; suitable for cutting or piercing; "a sharp knife"; "a pencil with a sharp point"
- raised in pitch by one chromatic semitone; "C sharp"
Antonyms: flat natural
- very sudden and in great amount or degree; "a sharp drop in the stock market"
- quick and forceful; "a sharp blow"
- changing suddenly in direction and degree; "the road twists sharply after the light"; "turn sharp left here"; "the visor was acutely peaked"; "her shoes had acutely pointed toes"
Synonyms: sharply acutely