Definition of 'shed'
- an outbuilding with a single story; used for shelter or storage
- get rid of; "he shed his image as a pushy boss"; "shed your clothes"
Synonyms: cast cast off shake off throw throw off throw away drop
- pour out in drops or small quantities or as if in drops or small quantities; "shed tears"; "spill blood"; "God shed His grace on Thee"
Synonyms: spill pour forth
- cause or allow (a solid substance) to flow or run out or over; "spill the beans all over the table"
Synonyms: spill disgorge
- cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers; "our dog sheds every Spring"
Synonyms: molt exuviate moult slough
- shed at an early stage of development; "most amphibians have caducous gills"; "the caducous calyx of a poppy"
Antonyms: persistent lasting