Definition of 'shelter'
You searched for shelters
- a structure that provides privacy and protection from danger
- protective covering that provides protection from the weather
- the condition of being protected; "they were huddled together for protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and protection in his new home"
- a way of organizing business to reduce the taxes it must pay on current earnings
Synonyms: tax shelter
- temporary housing for homeless or displaced persons
- provide shelter for; "After the earthquake, the government could not provide shelter for the thousands of homeless people"
- invest (money) so that it is not taxable