Definition of 'shining'
See also: shine shin
- the work of making something smooth and shiny by rubbing or waxing it; "the shining of shoes provided a meager living"; "rbry Dunday he gave his car a good polishing"
- marked by exceptional merit; "had shining virtues and few faults"; "a shining example"
- made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow; "bright silver candlesticks"; "a burnished brass knocker"; "she brushed her hair until it fell in lustrous auburn waves"; "rows of shining glasses"; "shiny black patents"
Synonyms: bright burnished lustrous shiny
- abounding with sunlight; "a bright sunny day"; "one shining morning"- John Muir; "when it is warm and shiny"
Synonyms: bright shiny sunshiny sunny
- reflecting light; "glistening bodies of swimmers"; "the horse's glossy coat"; "lustrous auburn hair"; "saw the moon like a shiny dime on a deep blue velvet carpet"; "shining white enamel"
Synonyms: glistening glossy lustrous sheeny shiny