Definition of 'shrink'
You searched for shrinks
- a physician who specializes in psychiatry
Synonyms: psychiatrist head-shrinker
- wither, as with a loss of moisture; "The fruit dried and shriveled"
Synonyms: shrivel shrivel up wither
- draw back, as with fear or pain; "she flinched when they showed the slaughtering of the calf"
Synonyms: flinch squinch funk cringe wince recoil quail
- reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?"
- become smaller or draw together; "The fabric shrank"; "The balloon shrank"
Antonyms: expand spread out stretch
- decrease in size, range, or extent; "His earnings shrank"; "My courage shrivelled when I saw the task before me"