Definition of 'shroud'
- a line that suspends the harness from the canopy of a parachute
- (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
Synonyms: sheet tack mainsheet weather sheet
- burial garment in which a corpse is wrapped
Synonyms: pall cerement winding-sheet winding-clothes
- cover as if with a shroud; "The origins of this civilization are shrouded in mystery"
Synonyms: enshroud hide cover
- form a cover like a shroud; "Mist shrouded the castle"
- wrap in a shroud; "shroud the corpses"