Definition of 'sick'
You searched for sickest
- people who are sick; "they devote their lives to caring for the sick"
- eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Synonyms: vomit vomit up purge cast cat be sick disgorge regorge retch puke barf spew spue chuck upchuck honk regurgitate throw up
Antonyms: keep down
- affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function; "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
- feeling nausea; feeling about to vomit
Synonyms: nauseated nauseous queasy sickish
- affected with madness or insanity; "a man who had gone mad"
Synonyms: brainsick crazy demented distracted disturbed mad unbalanced unhinged
- having a strong distaste from surfeit; "grew more and more disgusted"; "fed up with their complaints"; "sick of it all"; "sick to death of flattery"; "gossip that makes one sick"; "tired of the noise and smoke"
Synonyms: disgusted fed up sick of tired of
- (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
Synonyms: pale pallid wan
- deeply affected by a strong feeling; "sat completely still, sick with envy"; "she was sick with longing"
- shockingly repellent; inspiring horror; "ghastly wounds"; "the grim aftermath of the bombing"; "the grim task of burying the victims"; "a grisly murder"; "gruesome evidence of human sacrifice"; "macabre tales of war and plague in the Middle ages"; "macabre tortures conceived by madmen"
Synonyms: ghastly grim grisly gruesome macabre