Definition of 'sight'
You searched for sights
- an instance of visual perception; "the sight of his wife brought him back to reality"; "the train was an unexpected sight"
- anything that is seen; "he was a familiar sight on the television"; "they went to Paris to see the sights"
- the ability to see; the visual faculty
Synonyms: vision visual sense visual modality
- a optical instrument for aiding the eye in aiming, as on a firearm or surveying instrument
- a range of mental vision; "in his sight she could do no wrong"
- the range of vision; "out of sight of land"
- the act of looking or seeing or observing; "he tried to get a better view of it"; "his survey of the battlefield was limited"
Synonyms: view survey
- (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
Synonyms: batch deal flock good deal great deal hatful heap lot mass mess mickle mint muckle peck pile plenty pot quite a little raft slew spate stack tidy sum wad whole lot whole slew
- catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; "he caught sight of the king's men coming over the ridge"