Definition of 'silver'
You searched for silvering
- a soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal; occurs in argentite and in free form; used in coins and jewelry and tableware and photography
Synonyms: Ag atomic number 47
- coins made of silver
- a light shade of grey
Synonyms: ash grey ash gray silver grey silver gray
- silverware eating utensils
- a trophy made of silver (or having the appearance of silver) that is usually awarded for winning second place in a competition
Synonyms: silver medal
- coat with a layer of silver or a silver amalgam; "silver the necklace"
- make silver in color; "Her worries had silvered her hair"
- turn silver; "The man's hair silvered very attractively"
- made from or largely consisting of silver; "silver bracelets"
- having the white lustrous sheen of silver; "a land of silver (or silvern) rivers where the salmon leap"; "repeated scrubbings have given the wood a silvery sheen"
Synonyms: silvern silvery
- of lustrous grey; covered with or tinged with the color of silver; "silvery hair"
Synonyms: argent silvery silverish
- expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively; "able to dazzle with his facile tongue"; "silver speech"
Synonyms: eloquent facile fluent silver-tongued smooth-spoken