Definition of 'similar'
- marked by correspondence or resemblance; "similar food at similar prices"; "problems similar to mine"; "they wore similar coats"
- having the same or similar characteristics; "all politicians are alike"; "they looked utterly alike"; "friends are generally alike in background and taste"
Synonyms: alike like
Antonyms: unalike dissimilar
- resembling or similar; having the same or some of the same characteristics; often used in combination; "suits of like design"; "a limited circle of like minds"; "members of the cat family have like dispositions"; "as like as two peas in a pod"; "doglike devotion"; "a dreamlike quality"
Antonyms: unlike dissimilar different
- (of words) expressing closely related meanings
- capable of replacing or changing places with something else; permitting mutual substitution without loss of function or suitability; "interchangeable electric outlets" "interchangeable parts"
Synonyms: exchangeable interchangeable standardized standardised