Definition of 'simple'
- any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved; "a simple problem"; "simple mechanisms"; "a simple design"; "a simple substance"
- easy and not involved or complicated; "an elementary problem in statistics"; "elementary, my dear Watson"; "a simple game"; "found an uncomplicated solution to the problem"
Synonyms: elementary uncomplicated unproblematic
- apart from anything else; without additions or modifications; "only the bare facts"; "shocked by the mere idea"; "the simple passage of time was enough"; "the simple truth"
Synonyms: bare mere
- exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity; "childlike trust"; "dewy-eyed innocence"; "listened in round-eyed wonder"
Synonyms: childlike wide-eyed round-eyed dewy-eyed
- lacking mental capacity and devoid of subtlety
Synonyms: dim-witted half-witted simple-minded
- (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- unornamented; "a simple country schoolhouse"; "her black dress--simple to austerity"