Definition of 'singular'
- the form of a word that is used to denote a singleton
Synonyms: singular form
Antonyms: plural plural form
- unusual or striking; "a remarkable sight"; "such poise is singular in one so young"
- beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
Synonyms: curious funny odd peculiar queer rum rummy
- being a single and separate person or thing; "can the singular person be understood apart from his culture?"; "every fact in the world might be singular...unlike any other fact and sole of its kind"-William James
- composed of one member, set, or kind
- grammatical number category referring to a single item or unit
- the single one of its kind; "a singular example"; "the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting"; "a unique copy of an ancient manuscript"; "certain types of problems have unique solutions"