Definition of 'siren'
- a sea nymph (part woman and part bird) supposed to lure sailors to destruction on the rocks where the nymphs lived; "Odysseus ordered his crew to plug their ears so they would not hear the Siren's fatal song"
- a woman who is considered to be dangerously seductive
Synonyms: enchantress temptress Delilah femme fatale
- a warning signal that is a loud wailing sound
- an acoustic device producing a loud often wailing sound as a signal or warning
- eellike aquatic North American salamander with small forelimbs and no hind limbs; have permanent external gills