Definition of 'sitting'
You searched for sittings
- (photography) the act of assuming a certain position (as for a photograph or portrait); "he wanted his portrait painted but couldn't spare time for the sitting"
- the act of assuming or maintaining a seated position; "he read the mystery at one sitting"
- a meeting of spiritualists; "the seance was held in the medium's parlor"
Synonyms: seance session
- a session as of a legislature or court
- (of persons) having the torso erect and legs bent with the body supported on the buttocks; "the seated Madonna"; "the audience remained seated"
- not moving and therefore easy to attack; "a sitting target"