Definition of 'situation'
You searched for situations
- the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time; "the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
Synonyms: state of affairs
- a condition or position in which you find yourself; "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
- a complex or critical or unusual difficulty; "the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
- physical position in relation to the surroundings; "the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
Synonyms: position post berth office spot billet place