Definition of 'skirt'
You searched for skirted
- cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist
- a garment hanging from the waist; worn mainly by girls and women
- informal terms for a (young) woman
Synonyms: dame doll wench chick bird
- avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
Synonyms: hedge fudge evade put off circumvent parry elude dodge duck sidestep
- pass around or about; move along the border; "The boat skirted the coast"
- form the edge of
- extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
Synonyms: surround border