Definition of 'slam'
- winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge
- the noise made by the forceful impact of two objects
- a forceful impact that makes a loud noise
- an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
Synonyms: shot shaft dig barb jibe gibe
- close violently; "He slammed the door shut"
- strike violently; "slam the ball"
- dance the slam dance
Synonyms: slam dance mosh thrash
- throw violently; "He slammed the book on the table"
Synonyms: flap down