Definition of 'slash'
- a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut"
Synonyms: cut gash slice
- an open tract of land in a forest that is strewn with debris from logging (or fire or wind)
- a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
Synonyms: solidus virgule diagonal stroke separatrix
- a strong sweeping cut made with a sharp instrument
- cut with sweeping strokes; as with an ax or machete
Synonyms: cut down
- beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
Synonyms: flog welt whip lather lash strap trounce
- cut open; "she slashed her wrists"
- cut drastically; "Prices were slashed"
- move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
Synonyms: convulse thresh thresh about thrash thrash about toss jactitate