Definition of 'slice'
- a share of something; "a slice of the company's revenue"
- a serving that has been cut from a larger portion; "a piece of pie"; "a slice of bread"
- a wound made by cutting; "he put a bandage over the cut"
Synonyms: cut gash slash
- a golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer; "he took lessons to cure his slicing"
Synonyms: fade slicing
- a thin flat piece cut off of some object
- a spatula for spreading paint or ink
- make a clean cut through; "slit her throat"
- hit a ball and put a spin on it so that it travels in a different direction
- cut into slices; "Slice the salami, please"
Synonyms: slice up
- hit a ball so that it causes a backspin