Definition of 'slick'
You searched for slickest
- a slippery smoothness; "he could feel the slickness of the tiller"
Synonyms: slickness slipperiness slip
- a magazine printed on good quality paper
Synonyms: slick magazine glossy
- a film of oil or garbage floating on top of water
- a trowel used to make a surface slick
- make slick or smooth
- give a smooth and glossy appearance; "slick one's hair"
Synonyms: slick down sleek down
- having a smooth, gleaming surface; "glossy auburn hair"; "satiny gardenia petals"; "sleek black fur"; "silken eyelashes"; "silky skin"; "a silklike fabric"; "slick seals and otters"
Synonyms: glossy satiny sleek silken silky silklike
- made slick by e.g. ice or grease; "sidewalks slick with ice"; "roads are slickest when rain has just started and hasn't had time to wash away the oil"
- having only superficial plausibility; "glib promises"; "a slick commercial"
Synonyms: glib pat
- marked by skill in deception; "cunning men often pass for wise"; "deep political machinations"; "a foxy scheme"; "a slick evasive answer"; "sly as a fox"; "tricky Dick"; "a wily old attorney"
Synonyms: crafty cunning dodgy foxy guileful knavish sly tricksy tricky wily