Definition of 'slide'
You searched for slidden
- a small flat rectangular piece of glass on which specimens can be mounted for microscopic study
Synonyms: microscope slide
- (geology) the descent of a large mass of earth or rocks or snow etc.
- (music) rapid sliding up or down the musical scale; "the violinist was indulgent with his swoops and slides"
- plaything consisting of a sloping chute down which children can slide
- the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it; "his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill"; "the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
Synonyms: glide coast
- a transparency mounted in a frame; viewed with a slide projector
Synonyms: lantern slide
- sloping channel through which things can descend
Synonyms: chute slideway sloping trough
- move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner; "the wheels skidded against the sidewalk"
Synonyms: skid slip slue slew
- to pass or move unobtrusively or smoothly; "They slid through the wicket in the big gate"
- move smoothly along a surface; "He slid the money over to the other gambler"