Definition of 'slot'
You searched for slotting
- a position in a grammatical linguistic construction in which a variety of alternative units are interchangeable; "he developed a version of slot grammar"
- a small slit (as for inserting a coin or depositing mail); "he put a quarter in the slot"
- a time assigned on a schedule or agenda; "the TV program has a new time slot"; "an aircraft landing slot"
Synonyms: time slot
- a position in a hierarchy or organization; "Bob Dylan occupied the top slot for several weeks"; "she beat some tough competition for the number one slot"
- the trail of an animal (especially a deer); "he followed the deer's slot over the soft turf to the edge of the trees"
- (computer) a socket in a microcomputer that will accept a plug-in circuit board; "the PC had three slots for additional memory"
Synonyms: expansion slot
- a slot machine that is used for gambling; "they spend hours and hours just playing the slots"
Synonyms: one-armed bandit
- assign a time slot; "slot a television programs"