Definition of 'slump'
- a noticeable deterioration in performance or quality; "the team went into a slump"; "a gradual slack in output"; "a drop-off in attendance"; "a falloff in quality"
Synonyms: slack drop-off falloff falling off
- a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
Synonyms: depression economic crisis
- assume a drooping posture or carriage
- fall or sink heavily; "He slumped onto the couch"; "My spirits sank"
Synonyms: slide down sink
- fall heavily or suddenly; decline markedly; "The real estate market fell off"
Synonyms: fall off sink
- go down in value; "the stock market corrected"; "prices slumped"
Synonyms: decline correct