Definition of 'slur'
You searched for slurring
- (music) a curved line spanning notes that are to be played legato
- a disparaging remark; "in the 19th century any reference to female sexuality was considered a vile aspersion"; "it is difficult for a woman to understand a man's sensitivity to any slur on his virility"
- a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
Synonyms: smudge spot blot daub smear smirch
- play smoothly or legato; "the pianist slurred the most beautiful passage in the sonata"
- speak disparagingly of; e.g., make a racial slur; "your comments are slurring your co-workers"
- utter indistinctly
- become vague or indistinct; "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
Synonyms: blur dim
Antonyms: focus focalize focalise