Definition of 'smack'
- a blow from a flat object (as an open hand)
- the taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth
Synonyms: relish flavor flavour sapidity savor savour nip tang
- a sailing ship (usually rigged like a sloop or cutter) used in fishing and sailing along the coast
- street names for heroin
Synonyms: big H hell dust nose drops thunder skag scag
- an enthusiastic kiss
- the act of smacking something; a blow delivered with an open hand
Synonyms: smacking slap
- deliver a hard blow to; "The teacher smacked the student who had misbehaved"
- have an element suggestive (of something); "his speeches smacked of racism"
- have a distinctive or characteristic taste; "This tastes of nutmeg"
- kiss lightly
- press (the lips) together and open (the lips) noisily, as in eating
- directly; "he ran bang into the pole"; "ran slap into her"
Synonyms: bang slap slapdash bolt