Definition of 'smart'
You searched for smarts
- a kind of pain such as that caused by a wound or a burn or a sore
Synonyms: smarting smartness
- be the source of pain
Synonyms: ache hurt
- showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness
- elegant and stylish; "chic elegance"; "a smart new dress"; "a suit of voguish cut"
Synonyms: chic voguish
- characterized by quickness and ease in learning; "some children are brighter in one subject than another"; "smart children talk earlier than the average"
- improperly forward or bold; "don't be fresh with me"; "impertinent of a child to lecture a grownup"; "an impudent boy given to insulting strangers"; "Don't get wise with me!"
Synonyms: fresh impertinent impudent overbold saucy sassy wise
- painfully severe; "he gave the dog a smart blow"
- quick and brisk; "I gave him a smart salute"; "we walked at a smart pace"
- capable of independent and apparently intelligent action; "smart weapons"