Definition of 'smear'
You searched for smeared
- slanderous defamation
Synonyms: vilification malignment
- a thin tissue or blood sample spread on a glass slide and stained for cytologic examination and diagnosis under a microscope
Synonyms: cytologic smear cytosmear
- a blemish made by dirt; "he had a smudge on his cheek"
Synonyms: smudge spot blot daub smirch slur
- an act that brings discredit to the person who does it; "he made a huge blot on his copybook"
Synonyms: blot smirch spot stain
- stain by smearing or daubing with a dirty substance
- make a smudge on; soil by smudging
Synonyms: blur smudge smutch
- cover (a surface) by smearing (a substance) over it; "smear the wall with paint"; "daub the ceiling with plaster"
- charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation"
Synonyms: defame slander smirch asperse denigrate calumniate sully besmirch