Definition of 'smell'
You searched for smelled
- the sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form; "she loved the smell of roses"
Synonyms: odor odour olfactory sensation olfactory perception
- any property detected by the olfactory system
Synonyms: olfactory property aroma odor odour scent
- the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people; "the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
Synonyms: spirit tone feel feeling flavor flavour look
- the faculty that enables us to distinguish scents
Synonyms: sense of smell olfaction olfactory modality
- the act of perceiving the odor of something
- inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense
- emit an odor; "The soup smells good"
- smell bad; "He rarely washes, and he smells"