Definition of 'smoke'
You searched for smokes
- a cloud of fine particles suspended in a gas
- a hot vapor containing fine particles of carbon being produced by combustion; "the fire produced a tower of black smoke that could be seen for miles"
- an indication of some hidden activity; "with all that smoke there must be a fire somewhere"
- something with no concrete substance; "his dreams all turned to smoke"; "it was just smoke and mirrors"
- tobacco leaves that have been made into a cylinder
Synonyms: roll of tobacco
- the act of smoking tobacco or other substances; "he went outside for a smoke"; "smoking stinks"
- (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity; "he swung late on the fastball"; "he showed batters nothing but smoke"
Synonyms: fastball heater hummer bullet
- inhale and exhale smoke from cigarettes, cigars, pipes; "We never smoked marijuana"; "Do you smoke?"
- emit a cloud of fine particles; "The chimney was fuming"