Definition of 'smoothness'
- a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch; "admiring the slim smoothness of her thighs"; "some artists prefer the smoothness of a board"
Antonyms: roughness raggedness
- powerful and effective language; "his eloquence attracted a large congregation"; "fluency in spoken and written English is essential"; "his oily smoothness concealed his guilt from the police"
Synonyms: eloquence fluency
- the quality of being bland and gracious or ingratiating in manner
Synonyms: suavity suaveness blandness
- the quality of having a level and even surface; "the water was a glassy smoothness"; "the weather system of the Pacific is determined by the uninterrupted smoothness of the ocean"
- the quality of being free from errors or interruptions; "the five-speed manual gearbox is smoothness personified"