Definition of 'smut'
You searched for smutted
- a black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink
Synonyms: carbon black lampblack soot crock
- destructive diseases of plants (especially cereal grasses) caused by fungi that produce black powdery masses of spores
- any fungus of the order Ustilaginales
Synonyms: smut fungus
- an offensive or indecent word or phrase
Synonyms: obscenity vulgarism filth dirty word
- creative activity (writing or pictures or films etc.) of no literary or artistic value other than to stimulate sexual desire
Synonyms: pornography porno porn erotica
- make obscene; "This line in the play smuts the entire act"
- stain with a dirty substance, such as soot
- become affected with smut; "the corn smutted and could not be eaten"
- affect with smut or mildew, as of a crop such as corn