Definition of 'snake'
- limbless scaly elongate reptile; some are venomous
Synonyms: serpent ophidian
- a deceitful or treacherous person
Synonyms: snake in the grass
- a tributary of the Columbia River that rises in Wyoming and flows westward; discovered in 1805 by the Lewis and Clark Expedition
Synonyms: Snake River
- a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer
- something long, thin, and flexible that resembles a snake
- move smoothly and sinuously, like a snake
- form a snake-like pattern; "The river snakes through the valley"
- move along a winding path; "The army snaked through the jungle"