Definition of 'snare'
You searched for snaring
- something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares; "the exam was full of trap questions"; "it was all a snare and delusion"
- a small drum with two heads and a snare stretched across the lower head
Synonyms: snare drum side drum
- a surgical instrument consisting of wire hoop that can be drawn tight around the base of polyps or small tumors to sever them; used especially in body cavities
- strings stretched across the lower head of a snare drum; they make a rattling sound when the drum is hit
- a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
Synonyms: gin noose
- catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
Synonyms: trap entrap ensnare trammel
- entice and trap; "The car salesman had snared three potential customers"