Definition of 'sneak'
- a person who is regarded as underhanded and furtive and contemptible
- someone who prowls or sneaks about; usually with unlawful intentions
Synonyms: prowler stalker
- someone acting as an informer or decoy for the police
Synonyms: fink snitch snitcher stoolpigeon stool pigeon stoolie sneaker canary
- to go stealthily or furtively; "..stead of sneaking around spying on the neighbor's house"
Synonyms: mouse creep pussyfoot
- put, bring, or take in a secretive or furtive manner; "sneak a look"; "sneak a cigarette"
- make off with belongings of others
Synonyms: pilfer cabbage purloin pinch abstract snarf swipe hook filch nobble lift
- pass on stealthily; "He slipped me the key when nobody was looking"
- marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed; "a furtive manner"; "a sneak attack"; "stealthy footsteps"; "a surreptitious glance at his watch"
Synonyms: furtive sneaky stealthy surreptitious