Definition of 'soak'
- the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid); "a good soak put life back in the wagon"
Synonyms: soakage soaking
- washing something by allowing it to soak
- submerge in a liquid; "I soaked in the hot tub for an hour"
- rip off; ask an unreasonable price
Synonyms: overcharge surcharge gazump fleece plume pluck rob hook
- cover with liquid; pour liquid onto; "souse water on his hot face"
Synonyms: drench douse dowse sop souse
- leave as a guarantee in return for money; "pawn your grandfather's gold watch"
Synonyms: pawn hock
- beat severely
- make drunk (with alcoholic drinks)
Synonyms: intoxicate inebriate
- become drunk or drink excessively
Synonyms: souse inebriate hit it up
- fill, soak, or imbue totally; "soak the bandage with disinfectant"
- heat a metal prior to working it