Definition of 'soaking'
See also: soak
- the process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid); "a good soak put life back in the wagon"
Synonyms: soak soakage
- the act of making something completely wet; "he gave it a good drenching"
Synonyms: drenching souse sousing
- washing something by allowing it to soak
- wet through and through; thoroughly wet; "stood at the door drenched (or soaked) by the rain"; "a shirt saturated with perspiration"; "his shoes were sopping (or soaking)"; "the speaker's sodden collar"; "soppy clothes"
Synonyms: drenched saturated soaked sodden sopping soppy
- extremely wet; "dripping wet"; "soaking wet"
Synonyms: sopping dripping