Definition of 'soft'
You searched for softest
- yielding readily to pressure or weight
- compassionate and kind; conciliatory; "he was soft on his children"
- (of sound) relatively low in volume; "soft voices"; "soft music"
- easily hurt; "soft hands"; "a baby's delicate skin"
- produced with vibration of the vocal cords; "a frequently voiced opinion"; "voiced consonants such as `b' and `g' and `z'";
Synonyms: voiced sonant
Antonyms: unvoiced voiceless surd hard
- not protected against attack (especially by nuclear weapons); "soft targets"
- used chiefly as a direction or description in music; "the piano passages in the composition"
Antonyms: forte loud
- (of light) transmitted from a broad light source or reflected
Synonyms: diffuse diffused
Antonyms: hard concentrated
- (of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward the hard palate; characterized by a hissing or hushing sound (as `s' and `sh')
- (of a commodity or market or currency) falling or likely to fall in value; "the market for computers is soft"
- using evidence not readily amenable to experimental verification or refutation; "soft data"; "the soft sciences"
- tolerant or lenient; "indulgent parents risk spoiling their children"; "too soft on the children"; "they are soft on crime"
Synonyms: indulgent lenient
- soft and mild; not harsh or stern or severe; "a gentle reprimand"; "a vein of gentle irony"; "poked gentle fun at him"
- having little impact; "an easy pat on the shoulder"; "gentle rain"; "a gentle breeze"; "a soft (or light) tapping at the window"
Synonyms: easy gentle
- out of condition; not strong or robust; incapable of exertion or endurance; "he was too soft for the army"; "flabby around the middle"; "flaccid cheeks"
Synonyms: flabby flaccid
- willing to negotiate and compromise
- not burdensome or demanding; borne or done easily and without hardship; "what a cushy job!"; "the easygoing life of a parttime consultant"; "a soft job"
Synonyms: cushy easygoing
- mild and pleasant; "balmy days and nights"; "the climate was mild and conducive to life or growth"; "a soft breeze"
Synonyms: balmy mild
- not brilliant or glaring; "the moon cast soft shadows"; "soft pastel colors"; "subdued lighting"
- in a relaxed manner; or without hardship; "just wanted to take it easy" (`soft' is nonstandard)