Definition of 'solicit'
You searched for solicited
- make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
Synonyms: beg tap
- make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
Synonyms: woo court romance
- approach with an offer of sexual favors; "he was solicited by a prostitute"; "The young man was caught soliciting in the park"
Synonyms: hook accost
- incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination; "He was accused of soliciting his colleagues to destroy the documents"
- make a solicitation or petition for something desired; "She is too shy to solicit"